Sunday, November 30, 2014

Brooklyn Museum

I


In my visit to the Crossing Brooklyn exhibition at the Brooklyn Museum, I enjoyed three pieces of art. The first one  is called Smiley Bag Portrait by Nobutaka Aozaki, the next one is Amani Kites by Miguel Luciano, and the last one is Street Corner Project by Drew Hamilton. 



These three pieces of art inspired me to make the following projects: Aozaki's art work was inspired by sidewalk portrait artists and decided to make people's portrait in takeout plastic bags. In my case I decided to make portraits of the members of my family in happy face balloons which surround the heart of Jesus.

Then inspired by Miguel Luciano, Amari kites, he made kites with life-size photographics of the portraits of random young people in Kenya, by doing this he connected the meaning of flying and freedom. Using  my project,above,  I also chose to use flying and freedom in the same way as Miguel Luciano in Amari Kites did but in my case I gave freedom to my family. I tied a chain of socks to each balloon and by this I wanted to mean that their feet were still attached to the ground until I untied them from the chain of socks and gave them the chance to fly and be free

For Drew Hamilton's art work, Street Corner Project, I decided to show what cannot be seemed by the audience in the exhibition, he shows us what we can find OUTSIDE of the corner of a street, a grocery store, a garbage can, and a mailbox, and I decided to show in this picture what we can find INSIDE of them.










No comments:

Post a Comment